Thursday, May 4, 2017

28. Smart Choice, Second Impulse
“Of course,” Jameston said as he began cleaning tight spaces with a Q-tip, “she doesn’t know she’s soon to be my ex-wife.”
“You seem calm for a guy who just found out his wife is cheating,” I pointed out.
“Actually, I’m more than calm.  I’m quite pleased with myself.  I didn’t follow my first impulse. I didn’t confront them, and I didn’t get drunk.” He paused for effect. “And I didn’t let her know I was aware of the affair.”
“What did you do?” I asked amazed.  Jameston always seemed to do the wrong thing
“I waited for my second impulse, which is usually smarter than my first. I called an attorney,” he said with a wicked smile. “A shark in a suit and tie.”   
I could almost hear the theme music from Jaws, but I thought he’d been smart to wait for his second impulse.

Today I will wait to see what my second impulse is.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment