Wednesday, May 31, 2017

46. Bad Luck
“Hi, I’m Holton, and I’m not an alcoholic,” Holton said, mocking the usual way people introduce themselves at AA meetings.  “I was fine until the local cops got jealous of my car and started following me around.”
“Your blood alcohol level was .15,” The Other Ken pointed out.  “Almost twice the legal limit. Do you think maybe that’s why they pulled you over?”
“You know it’s all about money.  The courts collect the fines. You collect my insurance money.  Everybody’s got a hand out. Just like last time.”
Morgan snorted. “Oh honey, two DUIs? Don’t you think it’s about more than money?”
“Money and bad luck,” Holton said a little unsure.  “Bad luck and money.”
“You seem to be creating your own bad luck,” Austin said.
Today I won’t create my own bad luck.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment