Thursday, May 11, 2017

33. Secret Inspiration
A week went by before I encountered Jameston in the parking lot. He was cleaning the inside of his car again.
“What’s going on Jameston?” I asked. 
“I have a son,” he said. “From my first marriage.  When we divorced I considered him an extension of my wife. I cut him out of my life too. I’ve had nothing to do with either of them for ten years.  Because of Austin, I called and left a message for her to call me. 
“What does Austin have to do with calling your first wife and your son?”
“I’ve wanted to call, but after so many years I didn’t think he would want to hear from me. I wondered what she had told him about me.  In truth, I was a little afraid of their reaction.  Austin was willing to put himself in danger to help his brother.  He inspired me face their anger, perhaps my son’s rejection. Please don’t tell Austin. It might make group awkward.”
“He won’t hear it from me, but you really ought to tell him,” I said.  Jameston shook his head.

Today I will be grateful for the people who’ve inspired me, whether they know it or not.


Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment