Tuesday, May 23, 2017

41. Only so Mad
Morgan spoke next. “I’m doing OK.  Not much has changed, except my daughter is less mad at me.” 
“And what about you?” The Other Ken asked. “Are you less mad at you?”
Morgan laughed and said, “You know, I am. My husband’s older sister can stay mad about six different things and five different people all at once.  I have to pick and choose what I can be mad about.  When I’m angry with my sneaky-ass husband, I forget about my job. When I’m angry with myself for jeopardizing my job, I forget I’m angry at my daughter for blaming me for her sneaky-ass father’s behavior.  And when I think about the whole situation, I laugh.”
Austin smiled and said, “Add it to your gratitude list, you’re one of those people who can only get so angry for so long.  My brother’s like your sister-in-law.  He gets angry. He stays angry.”
Today I’ll be grateful I can only get so angry for so long.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment