Wednesday, May 24, 2017

42. Celebrate and Move On
“How are you doing?” The Other Ken asked Austin.
“I sold a painting,” Austin said.  “I didn’t use the money to buy weed and wine.  You guys have no idea how much I wanted to.  That was one of my favorite things in the world: sell and celebrate - weed, wine, and women. OK, mostly weed and wine.  I’m still a little rattled at how much I wanted to get high.”
“You’re rattled, but you’re clean and sober,” The Other Ken said. “Pat yourself on the back. When you don’t get high, when you stay on the diet one more day, when you don’t call the ex you know is bad for you, when you don’t buy something you don’t need, don’t dwell on how much you wanted to.  Figure out how you’re gonna put a little more distance between you and whatever you’re trying to avoid, then celebrate and move on.”
Today I will celebrate and move on.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment