Sunday, July 2, 2017

68. Throwing A Good Today After A Bad Yesterday
“How’d you end up here?” I asked Quinn.
He said, “I tried to drink away the memories of the Guild. That’s what we called that cult, the Guild. Never worked.  I’d wake up from a blackout with no recollection of the night before, but crystal clear recall of the Guild.  Later, I learned alcohol gets in the way of forming new memories, but you gotta make it to late stage alcoholism to erase the old ones.”
“I’m glad you stopped when you did.”
“Getting sober saved my life, but accepting my past has given me peace,” Quinn said.  “You know how they say ‘throwing good money after bad’?  Wasting a good today fretting about a bad yesterday is the same thing.  I’m done with it.”
I won’t throw a good Today after a bad yesterday.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment