Thursday, July 13, 2017

76. Grateful Not Hateful
“Cacophony,” I said to my laptop. “The word of the day is cacophony, a harsh discordance of sound.”
Every morning for a week a new group member had spent the time before group loudly complaining, using the f-bomb as her noun, verb, and adjective of choice.
That morning she was telling the group her effing cat coughed up an effing hairball just to effing spite her.  Then her mother, that effing witch, called to see how she was doing.  
Mostly I wanted to ask her what was really bothering her.   A small part of me wanted to tell her to shut up. Just shut up. Really, shut your pie hole.  Had I done so, she wouldn’t have, adding me to her list of effing  a’holes  instead.  
I sent The Other Ken an email offering to run a group on gratitude. Maybe it would help her brighten up.
Today I’ll be ‘grateful not hateful.’
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment