Monday, July 17, 2017

78. They’re watching

The next day I asked Morgan about picking up her daughter.

“It was sad, Ken,” Morgan said. “She’s always been daddy’s little girl, but she wanted to come home with me.  I think my husband was shocked.”

“Why do you think she was so eager to go with you?”

“She had a hard time putting it into words, but you could tell she knew there was something wrong with her father. Kids know more than we think they do.”

“Do you think she knew something was wrong when you were getting high?” I asked

Morgan said, “At the time, I thought I kept it hidden, but now I think she must have known something was wrong.  Kids watch you, they really do.”

Today I’ll try to set a good example. Kids may be watching.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose

Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment