Sunday, July 23, 2017

82. Dope Sick Determination
Group started and I left my door open to listen.  The Other Ken asked the group what they thought was key to success in life, including recovery.
“You gotta pick two, maybe three things you chase with dope sick determination,” Quinn said.
“What’s dope sick determination?” Holton asked.
Quinn chuckled. “Being dope sick brings focus to your life.  You gotta get some, and you’ll do whatever it takes.  You can’t chase other things the way you chase heroin, doing illegal stuff.  You can be focused and determined.”
“And picking those two or three things is key,” Holton said, nodding his head.
“Pick the wrong ones and you’ll end up successful and miserable.  Pick the right ones, and even if you fail, you’ll be OK.”  He paused, and added, “My daddy looked after us, taught us, with dope sick determination.  After he died, my momma fell apart. I was addicted, abused, neglected, and part of a cult.  Now, I ain’t bragging, but I learned a lot from my daddy, and because of him, I’m still here. I’m getting squared away.  He succeeded even after he was gone.”

Today I will chase what’s important with dope sick determination.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment