Wednesday, July 12, 2017

75. Gift Horse
My phone rang – Brat Boy and Blondie wanted to meet me for lunch. This meant one of two things. They loved and missed me.  I left for work before they got up.  Blondie was working into the evening.  Brat Boy had either volleyball or basketball practice. Both were likely to be with their boyfriend/girlfriend when I got home from the gym.
It might also mean they were bored and too lazy to cook lunch for themselves.
I hesitated, thought ‘They’re two teenagers who want to have lunch with their dad. Who cares why? What’s that old expression, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth?’
“Meet you at the Meatball Emporium at 11:30,” I said to Blondie.

Today I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment