Tuesday, July 11, 2017

74. Secretly Kind
As they were leaving group, I heard Holton tell Morgan, “Don’t worry, he’s not going to Canada.”
Morgan asked, “How can you be so sure?”
“A week ago I told him the shelter was full, and asked if he could keep a puppy until a cage was available.”
“I could keep some kittens for a while if that would help.”
Holton laughed. “I lied. We had cages open. I figured if he loved a dog he couldn’t take with him, he wouldn’t go. He already has a dozen puppy pictures on his phone.”
“You are devious but kind,” Morgan said. “I never would have guessed.
“Let’s keep this our secret,” Holton said.
Today I will be grateful for people who are secretly kind.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment