Tuesday, July 4, 2017

69. Many Do Recovery
Quinn left. I checked my email. Two agencies were looking for presentations on the opioid epidemic.  Both agencies asked if I could present something a little different. I laughed to myself – over the years I’d developed a reputation for being a little different. I suggested a discussion on how friends, families, and professionals needed to take care of themselves, followed by a reminder that people do get better.  In short order, both agencies agreed on the topic.
I said out loud, “With so many illnesses you hear about the people who die or create chaos, you don’t hear about the people who cope, maybe even thrive.  You don’t hear enough about the people who overcome their problems.”
Today I will remind myself – people do get better.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment