Wednesday, July 26, 2017

85. I Like You Life, But…
Two days later I was at work, scrolling past the ads for Russian women dying to meet me, and secrets the electric company, cancer doctors, and my dentist either didn’t want me to know or hated.   The last ad was an offer to help me discover if I had lived a past life.  I said to my laptop, “Yesterday I didn’t really live in this life.”  I wrote a reasonably good speech, but nothing very original. My training went well, but wasn’t my best effort.  When I got home after doing half my usual workout, I had a pop tart for dinner.
“I turned in the kind of day that says to Life ‘I like you, but only as a friend,'” I added. “Not gonna let that happen today.”
Today I won’t tell Life I like her, but just as a friend.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment