Monday, July 24, 2017

83. Watch It Buddy
Later in the morning Quinn told the group his mother died in the cult. I went to the gym that afternoon with heaviness in my gut.  When I got there, the halls were filled with kids attending an afterschool program.  As I threaded my way through the throng, I bumped into a kid that might have been in first or second grade.
“I’m sorry,” I said, smiling down at him.
With a deadpan face he looked up at me and said, “Watch it buddy.” He couldn’t hold the expression, and he doubled over in laughter. I laughed too. As I walked away, I could hear his friends laughing and imitating him, “Watch it buddy.”
I turned back and smiled at the kid again. He had a great sense of humor, and he’d lifted my spirits.
Today I’ll be grateful for people with a sense of humor.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose

Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment