Monday, July 10, 2017

73. Intelligence Gathering
The next day Quinn told the group he was thinking of going to Canada to get Austin.  The group told him this was a bad idea, but Quinn said it was what his daddy would’ve done. “I know how bad these cults can be.  I gotta do something.”

“Your dad was Army, wasn’t he?” Holton asked.  Quinn nodded. “Bet he never went into a fight without a plan.  Bet that plan was based on information.  Bet he tried to find out what he was getting into before he got into it.”

“Not the same thing,” Quinn said.  He probably didn’t realize he was nodding ‘yes’ as he said it.  The Other Ken had them list situations they had rushed into.

“I married an idiot right out of high school,” Morgan said. “I wanted to get away from home. If I had known then what I know now…”

“Wish I’d done a little research before I bought that car,” another group member said, gesturing toward the oil-stained spot where his ride sat rusting.

“Wish I’d paid better attention in Health Class,” a young woman said. “I might have known you can get pregnant the first time, no matter what your boyfriend says.”

Today I won’t get into something until I know what I’m getting into.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment