Thursday, July 6, 2017

71. Honest Mistake
“Okay, you can yell at me,” Daphne said when I walked into the AA meeting.
“You’re a mean, miserable, old lady,” I said, laughing.
“Don’t you want to know why you should yell at me?” Daphne demanded. I shrugged. She said,
“My huge addict family visited me. Somebody stole the pills from my surgery I left in my medicine cabinet. I could kick myself for being so careless.”
I shook my head. “Nah, I’m not gonna yell. Sounds like an honest mistake. If they were sitting out, or you kept them months after your surgery, I might.”
Daphne hugged me. “Better a miserable old lady than a middle-age jackass,” she said with a smile.
Today I won’t kick myself for honest mistakes
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment