Thursday, August 29, 2019


Echo
“When Pam and I were both heavy, they called us ‘spam,’’ Sam said to nobody in particular.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“My family. To our faces. Sam and Pam, spam.  Not the computer kind, the fatty pork that comes in a can.” 

“That is so cruel,” Kim said.  “Bet they don’t call you that now, though.”

“No, but when I see them I still hear their words echo.  Pam and I really struggled to lose weight. It stings a little they could be that mean and think it was funny.” 

Today I will remember cruel words echo for a long time.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment