Sunday, August 18, 2019


Tired
The next day I found my gym had gotten a huge tractor tire.  People flipped the heavy tire to strengthen their upper bodies.

 When I got the tire up to my chest on the third flip, my shoulders ached. I wanted to drop the tire and walk away.  That little voice said, “Quit, two flips is plenty.”

Instead, I rested the tire against my chest, caught my breath, and pushed.   I tipped the tire over and stepped back.  A wave of triumph washed over me. 

“The trick,” I said to the tire as I stood over it, “Is to rest but not quit.”

Today I may rest, for a moment, but I won’t quit.  

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment