Friday, August 16, 2019


What Are You Looking For?
“Hey what’s with the sign in our yard?” Brat Boy asked.

“My friend Roger is running for school board,” I said.

Brat Boy seemed surprised.  “Didn’t Roger do some serious time in prison for selling drugs?” I told him that was twenty years ago. Since then Roger had been a model citizen.  Brat Boy seemed skeptical.

I said, “Before I got sober I was wasting my life. I turned in a new direction. Imagine a car taking a hard right.  Roger was hurting people’s lives. He made a complete U-turn.  I gotta admire that.”

“Some people won’t see it that way.  They’ll say a leopard can’t change his spots.”

“I know. But they’re looking to judge, not to be inspired.”

Today I’ll look for inspiration.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment