Friday, August 23, 2019


Too Late
Kim sat next to me at the next Monday Knights AA meeting. “I did something stupid,” She said.

 “Your hair will grow back,” I said. She punched me.

“I got another dog. I like my new hairstyle, jackass.” Kim glared at me. “Anyway, when I was at your house I loved your little dog.  I saw a picture of a dog at the pound that looked just like her.”

“Oh, no,” I said. “You adopted the dog. Your landlord found out. You’re getting kicked out of your apartment.”  She nodded. “Should have called me before you got the dog.”

“I’m like that girl I sponsored who always called me after she got drunk.”

“Not really,” I said. “She had a better haircut.” Kim punched me again.

Today I’ll seek advice before I do something I shouldn’t.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment