Friday, August 2, 2019


Strange Celebration
He put the specimen cup on the counter. I opened the twelve panel test kit. “You don’t have to wait for the results,” I said. “The Other Ken will let you know if there’s a problem.”

He hesitated. I told him he could watch the lines appear on the test strips if he wanted to.  The first six lines appeared almost at once. All negative. I turned the test kit over. Five lines. He looked worried. The sixth line slowly formed. He sighed. “Knew it,” was all he said.

“I can make you a copy of the report,” I said. “It’s just a single sheet of paper. He smiled. I added, “I can even laminate it.”

“Strange thing to celebrate,” he said, “but is the first time I’ve been able to pass a drug screen since I was thirteen.”

“Then you should certainly celebrate,” I said. “Sometimes strange is good.”

Today I’ll find something strange to celebrate.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment