Thursday, August 22, 2019


Way Past Indelible
After I cut the grass, I sat down with my laptop.  Someone running against Roger had posted Roger’s mug shot from 1992 and the story of his last arrest.  As Brat Boy had predicted, someone else wrote ‘a leopard can’t change his spots.’

I texted Roger. He’d seen the post. He texted back a laughing emoji.  A minute later he posted an article about his “Bikers and Bookbags” fundraiser where his shop raised money for school supplies for poor kids.

Cognitive therapists talk about ‘indelible past’, the mistaken believe that who I was is who I have to be.  Roger had never fallen into that trap. He didn’t allow people who believed in indelible past define him.
Today I won’t fall into the trap of ‘indelible past.’

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment