Tuesday, August 13, 2019


Second Chance
The next night Billie told me she had gotten engaged. She asked, “Am I out of my freakin’ mind to get married again?”

“Remember Cruella?” I asked.  Billie’s first sponsor had earned many nicknames including Cruella DeVille, The Wicked Witch of the North Hills, and Maddy. (Maddy because she was an MDD - Miserable Dry Drunk.)

“She drove me away from AA the first time around.”

“But you came back and your life has gotten much better.”

“Good point,” Billie admitted. “But if this marriage goes as badly as the first one, I’m going to run over all my friends who told me to give it a second chance. Starting with you.”

“I’d expect nothing less.”

Today I’ll give a good thing a second chance.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment