Thursday, August 15, 2019


The Blame Game
“Who was that?” Brat Boy asked as I put down my phone.

“My friend Billie,” I answered. “She’s getting married again.” Brat Boy told me he knew. I asked him how.

“I know her son.  Your friend blamed him for her not dating anyone. She’d say she wanted to, but he wouldn’t understand. Some b.s. about him not wanting a new father figure.”

“Was there any truth to that?”

“No, it was just her way of denying she was afraid to get hurt again.  He’d totally understand. In fact, he wished she would date, maybe it would help her lighten up a bit.”

“Easier to blame someone than to admit to our own issues, I guess.”

Today I’ll remember blame can be a form of denial.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment