Wednesday, August 7, 2019


Don’t Compare
Josh’s daughter painted a picture of her life as a parental child. She had paid the bills. She had cooked meals and done the laundry.  Brandy had answered the mail and made sure her father got his car inspected and the oil changed.

Josh hadn’t done much more than earn a paycheck and sign whatever Brandy put in front of him. When she’d gone to school he’d been overwhelmed. That’s when Josh’s new addictions had kicked in.

I hadn’t known any of this.  Josh had always impressed me as someone organized and in control.  Struggling to be more organized, I’d beaten myself up for not being more like Josh.  Now I knew – Brandy had been organized, not Josh.

I remembered the slogan: ‘Don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides.’  Don’t put yourself down because you don’t feel as good as they look. 

Today I won’t compare my insides to other people’s outsides

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment