Wednesday, August 14, 2019


Good Friends
Billie choked up a little as she told me about her wedding plans.

“Are you OK?” I asked.

She hesitated, then said, “Do you know who’s really happy for me?  Roger. Roger is going through a painful divorce, but he’s happy I’m getting married.”

“Roger’s a good guy,” I said, thinking that of course Roger was happy for her.

“You don’t understand,” Billie said. “In his shoes, I’d be resentful. I once ducked out of being a bridesmaid because a friend was marrying the perfect guy.  I was bitter about the nitwit slutdog I’d married.”

“Is slutdog a word?”

“Ken, focus. The point is, he’s a better person than I was. I’m lucky he’s my friend.”

“I am too,” I said, thinking what a good friend Roger was to all of us.

Today I’ll be grateful for good friends.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment