Monday, August 26, 2019


Hallway
Roger sat down, and gave us a sad smile.

“My divorce is final,” he said, cocking his head to the side and staring into his coffee.

“When one door closes,” Kim said.

“Another opens,” Roger said, completing her thought.  “Here’s the thing. I keep opening doors in the same crazy hallway.  One of my wives stabbed me. Another set my boat and all my clothes on fire. Time to wander down a different corridor.”

“I switched from booze to Xanax to sex and back to booze before I realized they were all doors in the same hallway,” Kim said.

Today I’ll pick my hallway and my doors carefully.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment