Monday, August 5, 2019

Free this Week:

AArdvarks (a daily recovery message novella) 

https://lnkd.in/epeWgyZ
Vampires and Zombies
"I read one of your books today," my son said  as I sat next to him on the couch.

"What'd you think?" I asked.

"It was OK, but you should add zombies and vampires to your books."

"I'm not sure how I'd work zombies and vampires into a book about addiction," I said. "Vampires don't do well in rehab, the undead don't go to AA meetings."

"OK, but vampires are like the people in your books. They're a danger to the living. They spend all night looking for something.  They know they're dead inside, but they're afraid of being completely dead."

"What about zombies?" I asked.

"They're  worse.  They chase their stuff night and day.  They don't remember what it was like to be alive.  Maybe you could write a book about vampires who become zombies."

"I think you've got an idea there, son," I said.

"I want it dedicated just to me," he said, laughing.  "And royalties."

Today I will be grateful I'm no longer a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment