Thursday, August 8, 2019


Letting Go
“I always thought your father had everything under control,” I said to Brandy. “At least until he started gambling.”

Brandy sighed. “He wasn’t out of control until I left for school.” She sighed again and laughed a little, “Maybe he doesn’t deserve to have his ashes dumped in a soccer tournament Porta-John.”

“They have lightly used Porta-Johns on the bike trails,” I suggested.

“The restrooms at my old high school are really nice,” Brandy said.  “But his male friends might get in trouble hanging out in the bathroom of an all-girls high school as we flushed the ashes.”

I laughed.  “There’s a pool on the Allegheny where we went fishing.  It’s peaceful there.”

“I’d have to let go of some of my anger to leave his ashes there. Ken, he sold our house, gave away the dog, lost my tuition money.”

“Letting go is usually a process, better to get it started now.”

Today I will accept letting go is often a process not an event.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment