Monday, September 23, 2019


Fear of Success
“Did you hear about Trevor?” Roger asked.

“Oh no, now what?” I asked.

“Good news. A big furniture company wants to sign him on as a designer. Only problem is, he’s a little afraid to take the job.”

“Why?” I asked. “That’s his dream job.  All the tools and resources he’d ever need to succeed.”

“I think he fears success, but doesn’t know it. Deep down he thinks success will change him. More money, but more responsibility.    Greater exposure means more people to like his designs, but more people to not like them. I’m afraid he’s going to sabotage this so he can fail and get it over with.”

“It’s like the all the people we know who relapsed just shy of one year clean.  They see the date as a sign they’ve succeeded, and fear success will mean no more excuses, more responsibility.  They overlook the rewards.”

Trevor laughed. “We, and by ‘we’ I mean you counselor guy, have to help him see he fears success, and needs to face this fear.”

“Lucky me.”
Today I’ll work through my fear of success.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment