Monday, September 9, 2019


Burdens
Changing the subject, I asked Billie if she was still working on her master’s degree. 

“I am, but part-time,” she said.

“Just part-time?” Cara asked.

“There’s no ‘just’ about it,” Billie answered, a scowl on her face.  “I have a lot going on and part-time is the best I can do under the circumstances.”

Cara seemed unconvinced. I pulled an imaginary lever. In my mind a trap door opened up and Cara disappeared into the mildly uncomfortable section of hell reserved for clueless people who mean well.

“With the burden you’re carrying,” I said to Billie, “I gotta admire the progress you’re making on that degree.”

Today I’ll consider my burden when I judge my progress.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment