Friday, September 27, 2019


In the Company of Peacock Bass and Piranha
The Youngstown Kid was saying something about the church he wanted to start. In my mind we were fishing a beautiful South American river.  I imagine The Kid saying he’s going for a swim. Our guide shakes his head, “Piranha.”

The Youngstown Kid insists there are no piranha this far south.  He wades in up to his neck, then disappears as the water boils with teeth and fins.

“Will the blood attract other fish?” I ask the guide.

“Si,” the guide says, offering me a sandwich from the cooler. “Peacock bass will come.”

Even though he’s a figment of my imagination, I enjoy the guide’s company. 

“So,” The Kid says in a serious tone, “I’ll need you to write the Meta Bible by combining all the holy writings of the major religions.”  Back to reality.

“There’s something I have to write first,” I said. In my head I started a list of all the people whose company I enjoyed.

Today I’ll be grateful for all the people whose company I enjoy.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment