Tuesday, September 24, 2019


I Make Me So Mad
“By the way,” Roger said, “The Youngstown Kid offered to help with the campaign.”

I shook my head, “No he didn’t. He offered to run the campaign.”

Roger read my expression and asked why I had such a strong reaction. “The Kid is harmless, and he wants to help.”

“He’s a narcissist. Even when I was a therapist, I never liked dealing with narcissism.  Listening to someone brag gets old fast.”

“And public praise makes you uncomfortable. I’ve seen you squirm when you get a compliment.  Ever think some of your issue with The Youngstown Kid comes from your issues?”

“Maybe,” I said, knowing he was right.

Today I’ll look at my issues with someone to see if they’re not just my issues.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment