Wednesday, September 11, 2019


Let It Go Completely
Sam called me a few days later. “Pam slept with the Dean,” he said.

“Dean who?” I asked.

“The Dean. The Dean of the Student Affairs. Ironic name, since he’s married. OK, he’s separated, but still.”

“How do you know she slept with The Dean?”

“I saw them having lunch together.”

 I searched for something supportive to say to my friend to ease his despair. “You’re an idiot.  Do you sleep with everyone you have lunch with?  Besides, you don’t want Pam.  You just don’t want her to see somebody else.  Let it go.  Let it go completely.”

“I have,” Sam insisted.

“You’re like the guy who goes to the bar to drink Pepsi.  Can’t drink, can’t let go of the drinking lifestyle. Holding on a little never works out well. You’ll make yourself miserable over Pam, the guy in the bar will eventually drink.”
 
Today I will let go completely

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment