Tuesday, September 10, 2019


The Challenge
The next day I got a flyer for a bike ride.  I could choose to ride 24, 44, or 62 miles.  Almost every weekend I rode 35 miles.  The 24-mile run seemed easy, the 44 doable.  I debated about which one to choose.

I had coached Blondie and Brat Boy’s teams, preaching effort over time was the key to success.  What would they think if they knew I was taking the easy route?

People who start a business, go to school, have children accept the challenge of a long ride.  People who get sober do it one day at a time, but hopefully many days in a row. 

“I’ll take it one mile at a time,” I said out loud. 

I registered for the 62-mile run.

Today I will accept a challenge.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment