Thursday, September 19, 2019


Uphill Battles
Roger called to see if I’d help him put up signs for his school board campaign.

“It’s gonna be an uphill battle,” Roger said.  “People will need to be convinced I’m not the bad guy I used to be.”

I said, “You know that steep hill in my backyard? I cut it up and down instead of side to side.”

“Don’t know what that has to do with the school board, and isn’t that a little dangerous?” Roger asked.

“You sound like Blondie. Maybe a little, but it’s a tremendous workout.  Pushing my mower uphill when the bag is full really builds leg strength.  Doing well in a tough election against a smart opponent could build your political strength.”

“Maybe, but I wouldn’t mind an easy victory over a stupid opponent,” Roger said, smiling.

Today I’ll be grateful for uphill battles.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment