Wednesday, September 4, 2019


Power Through
Brat Boy texted me that he had volleyball tryouts that night. His chronic heel pain was flaring up, and he’d felt a tightness in his quad he couldn’t stretch out.  Jumping would hurt.

‘What are you going to do?’ I texted back.

He replied, ‘Power through, not much else I can do.’

He’s right, I thought. Sometimes you can’t go around things, you can’t take a different path. As they say in AA, there’s no easier, softer way. 

Today I will power through.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment