Wednesday, September 18, 2019


Charge
“OK,” Blondie said, “You can do your bike ride, but I don’t see why you can’t just go to the gym. They have stationary bikes that don’t move into the way of other bikes and traffic.”

I held up my phone. “Every couple of days I recharge this.  If I keep the phone long enough the battery won’t hold a charge. If that happens I will get a new battery and recharge it.

“I want to recharge my batteries when I’m worn down.  When the old ways of recharging my batteries don’t work, I want to find something new. Going to the gym was the old way. Long distance biking is a whole new battery.”

Brat Boy said to Blondie, “So his point is when something’s old and run down, and has no energy, and the screen’s all cracked and lined and looks dated, don’t throw it away.” He gestured toward me, I jabbed his forearm with my fork.

“Treat yourself as well as you’d treat your phone,” I said. “That’s the point.”

Today I’ll treat myself as well as I treat my phone.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment