Tuesday, September 3, 2019


Today and Tomorrow
After the meeting I thanked the speaker and went home.  I’d lived in the same house for 27 years.  It would have been easy to forget how lucky I was to live there.

Many people’s addictions landed them on the streets, in shelters, or jail.  Others lived in homes where you could cut the tension with a knife because of someone’s drunken mood swings.  Day after day, year after year, they pretended nothing was wrong while everyone walked on eggshells. 

I couldn’t do the math in my head, but I knew I’d come home to the same happy home for thousands of days.  

“The trick,” I said to myself, “is to not take anything for granted, to be as grateful tomorrow as you are today, even if nothing has changed.”

Today I’ll be grateful for many of the things I was grateful for yesterday.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment