Wednesday, September 25, 2019


For Example
“Hey, I appreciate you doing this for me,” Roger said. “I know you got a lot going on.”

“No problem,” I said, “happy to help.”

“I’d say I have a fifty-fifty chance at best. We might be wasting a whole lot of time on a losing cause.”

“True, but some people will see a former drug thug who turned his life around and think ‘maybe I could do that too.’ You’re setting a good example just by running.”

“Hope you’re right,” Roger said.  “By the way, and don’t get mad, but I need you to go with Youngstown Kid to put up signs.  I’m going with Trevor.”

“I’ll try not to strangle The Kid,” I said.  “That would set a bad example.”

Today, win or lose, I will try to set a good example.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment