Friday, September 20, 2019


Where You From
“Am I crazy for running for school board?” Roger asked.

“What’s the point of that slogan ‘sick and tired of being sick and tired’?” I asked.

“Life gets better when people give up bad habits.  They forget why they quit drinking, or binge eating, or whatever.  The slogan reminds them why they quit in the first place.”

“You’re sick and tired of all the politics and mismanagement in your school district.  That’s not crazy.  Crazy would be getting elected, turning things around, and forgetting why you ran in the first place.  Maybe slipping into politics and shady deals yourself.”

“My mom used to say enjoy where you are, but don’t forget where you came from, why you left there.”
Today I will enjoy how far I’ve come without forgetting where I came from.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment