Wednesday, January 22, 2020


At This Moment
From past experience, I knew the trial would be interesting, even exciting, and dull and boring at times.  I wondered how long it would last, and how much work was piling up on my desk.  What if Blondie, Brat Boy, or Dr. Deb needed me and I couldn’t get to my phone?

I took a deep breath, held it, and then released it slowly.

At that very moment, I sat in a comfortable chair, in a warm room, with nothing to do but relax. I would deal with work when I got back to work. If I truly was needed, I could ask to be excused.

I pushed aside my worries, counted my breaths, and started a gratitude list in my head.

Today I’ll live in the moment.

Jury Duty © 2019 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment