Monday, January 6, 2020


Santa, The Abominable Snowman, & Unicorns
Six months later I ran into Billie’s son, William.  I asked about school. We talked about fishing and writing, two interests we shared. He told me he liked Bo, his stepfather. He called him ‘NG.’

“NG?” I asked.

“New Guy,” William said. It’s kind of a joke between us.  The only problem we have is my mother is convinced I secretly resent NG for taking my dad’s place.”

“Seriously?”

Will said, “I’m twenty-two. I don’t expect Bo to be my dad. My dad was a POS. NG makes my mother happy. She’s creating an issue where none exists.”

I made a note to see if there were any issues I’d created that didn’t really exist.

Today I’ll take an inventory of my issues to see if any of them don’t really exist.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment