Tuesday, January 14, 2020


Props
The speaker at the Monday Knights meeting said, “When one door closes, another door opens.”  Nothing I hadn’t heard a thousand times before.  “But if you want to go through that door tomorrow, you gotta prop it open.”

He continued, “The door to sobriety opened. It took me six rehabs before I propped it open, started doing the daily disciplines that keep us sober.

“I’ve been married four times.  Marriage was more of a revolving door the first three times.  This last one is different. I do the things every day to make sure that door stays open. Tell her I love. Treat her well. Make sure she feels appreciated.”

He went on to describe how being sober made it easier to prop the door open in business and coaching. “I tell my players, talent may unlock the door for you, but if you don’t prop it open with hard work, it closes. You miss opportunities, and lose out to people who every day do the things to prop the door to success open.”

Today I will prop the door open.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment