Friday, January 3, 2020


h.a.l.T.
In my defense, I was really tired when I got to the Monday Knights AA meeting. I was already sitting at my table when Sue walked in with Baby Katie.  Katie held out her arms. I put her on my shoulder.

Sue smiled at me. She patted her belly. “Guess what,” she said.

“You want to go to the gym with Billie and me?” I said, yawning. “Listen, exercise is a great way to lose weight, but diet is more important.”

“What? Wait, no, I’m pregnant, you boob!”

“Congratulations,” I said but it was too late. When Billie and Kim arrived they took turns hugging Sue and glaring at me.

“I’m really tired,” I said to nobody in particular. 

Tonight, come hell or high water, I will get a good night’s sleep.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment