Tuesday, January 7, 2020


DarWin or Lose

I ran into Trevor a day later. He had wanted to get back on the police force for years. It never happened, was never going to happen.  We talked about his job designing furniture for a major manufacturer.  He loved it.

“Don’t know how it happened,” he told me, “but I found something that made me happier than I ever would have been back in uniform.”

I thought for a moment. “Not to blow sunshine, but I think you wound up happy because you could adapt.  When you got kicked off the force you could have taken a job you hated that paid well. Instead you restored furniture. It didn’t pay much, but it let you adapt your talents to your new situation.”

“Maybe,” he said, smiling, “I’ve evolved.”

Today I will adapt and evolve.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment