Wednesday, January 8, 2020


History Lesson
Trevor asked me if I knew Sam’s on-again-off-again-on-again relationship with Pam was on again.  “They got re-engaged,” he said.

I said, “Getting engaged to Pam once again is the biggest mistake since Hitler took on the Russians.”
Trevor looked puzzled. I explained in WWII the Germans marched all the way to the gates of Moscow. Winter set in, and they were wiped out.

“The altar is Moscow.  Maybe the march to the church will be quick, but just before the ceremony, the bitter cold will set in. For the umpteenth time, Sam’ll wake up and see Pam is deranged. All the money he spent, all the time, all the emotions will lay broken, like the German army, dying in a frigid wasteland.”

“Okay, that’s a bit dramatic,” Trevor said, laughing, “but that’s kinda what I think will happen.”

“They say those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

I made a list of past mistakes I didn’t want to repeat.

Today I won’t repeat past mistakes.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment