Friday, July 9, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


Downhill Run

When I finally got into my office, I almost wished I hadn’t.  I got an error message on a home-study course I was designing.  Two hours later I was still struggling to fix it.

 

I remembered the conversation I’d just had with the night nurse. “Can’t give up even if it’s an uphill battle,” I said to my laptop.

 

I texted a friend who was familiar with the program. “You’re in the wrong screen. Try this…” When I did, all the information I’d been looking for magically appeared.

 

No uploading, no downloading, no reloading – just a downhill run past the error.

 

I was so happy for a little bit of a downhill run, I picked up my laptop and kissed it.  Naturally, that was when Katy and Dana walked by.

 

For the next several days I heard nothing but jokes about my laptop being the real Dr. Deb. People shut my door saying, “I’m sure you and your computer want to be alone.” Every message I got had a string of kiss emojis attached.  Even downhill runs have potholes.

 

  

Today I’ll be grateful for the downhill parts of my journey.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment