Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


How Cliché

The next day I got to work early to write my blog.  I drew a blank.  None of my characters spoke to me.


I started writing about a coffee shortage leading to mass relapses, a slowdown in the economy, and looting.  I discarded that idea.


Next, I wrote about why people are attracted to drugs. “Damn, if I don’t make them sound wonderful,” I said to my laptop.  I deleted the entire entry.


Several more bad ideas later, I was ready to give up. 


“You’re only beaten why you quit trying,” I said to myself.  “Maybe that’s my topic.”


It’s impossible to write about life without using some clichés, but I wondered if that wasn’t a bit too much for my blog.


“Some clichés are utter BS,” I said to my laptop, “but most contain at least a grain of truth.”  


‘You’re only beaten when you quit trying,’ I typed, starting my blog.

 


Today I see if there isn’t a bit of truth in a cliché.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment