Thursday, July 29, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Calm Down

Dana walked in a moment later.


“Any news from the happy couple?” I asked.


Dana laughed a loud, unsettling, horror movie villain laugh. I took a step backwards.


“The Princess and the Dope Without Hope are flying back today,” Dana said. “The car is ruined, they’re leaving it in Mexico.  Guess who’s paying for the tickets.”


“You’re paying for his ticket too?” I asked. Dana nodded.


“His family is broke. My husband is so angry he can’t talk.  The Dope’s father asked if we could upgrade them to first class. The Dope’s mother is meeting them at the airport with a big smiley-face welcome home sign.”


“You seem relatively calm,” Katy pointed out.


“Calm before the storm,” Dana said. “They’re safe – that’s the calm. I may kill them – that’s the storm. My mother used to say don’t waste the calm worrying about the storm.”


Later I thought about how every change in life comes with some storm clouds.  I wondered what storms old age might bring.  I decided to enjoy the calm while I could.


Today I will enjoy the calm.


 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment